Safegard SeriesTransmission Equipment » Overload Protection Clutches » Safegard Series
The Cross Safegard Series is a Release Type of overload protection. It includes:
- Safegard CSF Series – High speed, non synchronised, immediate reset
- Safegard CSY Series – Drive synchronisation, positive disengagement, simple monitoring
- Safegard CSL Series – Fast response, no disengagement, immediate drive.
- Safegard CZ Series – Zero backlash
The Safegard series of overload clutches were developed to provide overload protection of high torque values with a compact unit. Directly interchangeable with other units in the market, this series offers low cost precision with minimal maintenance for a long reliable service life.
Safegard clutches are in two basic series, the Standard series, for optimum speed and torque, and the Mini series, for lower cost option on slower speed drives. Both series are also available as shaft couplings.
Four options of operation are available.
- The basic Safegard CSF design, using ball driving system for high speed, non synchronous applications,
- The Synchron CSY design, with roller drive for lower speed synchronous applications.
- The Safe Lift CSL, also with roller drive, but remaining in constant drive, only indicating overload by axial movement onto the limit switch.
- The Safebreak CSZ design where the unit is held on totally free running condition after overload and requires manual re-engaging.
Zero backlash Overload Clutches and Couplings, series CZ available in 8 different basic types and 5 basic sizes, for shaft diameters from 8mm to 60mm; providing overload protection for torque values from 5Nm to 740Nm.
The CZ series Safegard overload clutches were developed to provide a totally backlash free transmission of power with a very responsive overload protection. These compact units are directly interchangeable with existing designs in the market providing a cost advantage with long reliable service life.
Two basic modes of operation are available:
- The basic CZF Safeguard ratchetting design with the driving balls equally spaced so that the clutch can re-engage after a small angle of rotation
- The Synchron CZY design with the balls unequally spaced so that the clutch can only re-engage after a full revolution so providing full synchronisation between driver and driven
Responsive overload reaction is obtained by the use of negative functioning disc springs to apply drive load. In the event of an overload the spring load actually decreases, allowing faster disengaging of the drive and minimal pressure on the driving surface in the disengaged mode.
Cross & Morse’s range of power transmission products also includes Sprag Clutches, Shaft Clamping Elements, Sealmaster Bearings, Shaft Couplings, Gears, Timing Belt Drives, Roller Chain Drives and Inverted Tooth Drives. For further information on these Cross & Morse products please click on the website link www.cross-morse.co.uk.